Общее·количество·просмотров·страницы

среда, 6 июля 2016 г.

SHEEPS ROAD KILIM PILLOWS

After this week’s essay on white rooms and the ever-present KILIM PILLOWS I got quite a few emails and comments on our social channels asking where to find great kilim pieces. 

Most people were curious about pillows and other accessories made from old kilim segments, and since I have quite a few around my own house, I thought I’d share some of my favorite sources for snapping up great handmade kilim pieces. These shops take great segments, remnants and swatches from vintage kilims and reimagine them as beautiful pillows. 

While “all-things-kilim” is a major trend right now, I firmly believe pieces like this that highlight traditional and artisan-level crafting skills will always be in style. So don’t be afraid to invest in a pillow, rug or accent piece that will work just as well in a modern space as it will a more traditional one.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий